Day 3 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
The morning is reserved for a visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful park. In the afternoon, a visit to the world famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Russian Kitsch.
Day 4 (Friday): St. Petersburg - Moscow
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon, we arrive in Moscow and check in at the hotel.
Day 5 (Saturday): Moscow
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil's Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon offers an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
Day 6 (Sunday): Moscow
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700 years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
Day 7 (Monday): Moscow
Transfer to the airport.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 6 overnight stays at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 6 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne/cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Entrances to Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- 4 hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace
- 3 hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg - Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- 4 hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine's Palace: $139.00 per person
- A Visit to a folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: $113.00 per person
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti &Radosti: $87.00 per person
- 3 hour guided channel cruise: 113.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: $43.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow by night tour and river cruise: $96.00 per person
- 8 hour excursion to Sergiev Posad $139.00 per person
- Half board (6 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): $313.00
Hotels (or similar):
- St. Petersburg: Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky 4*
- Moscow: Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)