Day 2: Vienna
Enjoy exploring wintery Vienna today! A morning city sightseeing tour in a comfortable bus takes you past the most beautiful sights of the Austrian capital. In the afternoon, you have the opportunity to view the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace, as well as to visit the traditional, romantic Christmas market in front of the palace.
In the evening, we recommend that music lovers attend the atmospheric “Sound of Vienna” concert, which will present a kaleidoscope of Viennese classical music.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Melk/Emmersdorf
In the morning, your floating premium hotel reaches the UNESCO World Natural Heritage region of the Wachau. Your ship docks in Melk/Emmersdorf, where you can join an excursion to Melk Abbey and Dürnstein. At the end of the excursion, defy the weather and join us for a mug of warming glühwein (mulled wine), after which you will return to your ship.
The rest of the day is spent on board, where you will have a wonderful view of the passing winter landscapes as your cruise ship travels towards Passau.
Day 4: Passau
During breakfast, arrive in Passau, also known as the “City of Three Rivers”, situated at the confluence of the Danube, Inn and Ilz Rivers. In the morning, enjoy the romantic old town with its historic buildings during the course of an optional guided walk. The afternoon is a perfect time to visit the traditional Passau Christmas market. Early this evening your ship will depart this lovely city and head towards Regensburg.
Day 5: Regensburg
A full day is spent in festively adorned, historic Regensburg. This magical destination where time seems to stand still, is best explored during a morning optional guided sightseeing walk. After lunch, explore on your own or opt to join an excursion to the Christmas market in the royal Thurn and Taxis Castle. Revel in the festive pre-Christmas atmosphere filled with the aroma of lebkuchen (gingerbread) and roasted almonds, and stalls filled with local handicrafts. The captain invites you to join him at an elegant Gala Dinner onboard, while your ship continues its journey later this evening.
Day 6: Roth - Nuremberg
After lunch, you arrive in the Bavarian town of Roth, where the city tour of Nuremberg starts. The tour will take you to the most significant monuments and sights in picturesque Nuremberg. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the romantic Christmas market and taste the world-famous Nuremberg lebkuchen (gingerbread) before returning to your ship, which will be waiting for you in the Nuremberg harbor. Your ship remains here overnight.
Day 7: Nuremberg
Enjoy another generous breakfast on board before starting your homeward journey. The entire AMADEUS crew wishes you a pleasant journey and a happy festive season. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Cruise Package Includes:
- Fascinating river cruise in an outside river-view stateroom of your choice, most with French balcony
- Complimentary state of the art audio headsets for all excursions
- Services of an experienced, multilingual Cruise Director
- Gourmet dining with all meals included (buffet breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snacks) in the elegant Panorama-restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating.
- Free flowing quality red & white wines from Europe's famous wine regions with every dinner on board
- Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner
- 24 hour complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner and Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special onboard entertainment including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances and nightly music by the Amadeus Duo in the Panorama Bar
- Complimentary use of onboard bicycles
- Non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
- Excursion Packages
- Personal expenses
Cruise Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (lc)