Day 3 (Friday): Belgrade - Skopje (Macedonia)
Early departure from Belgrade towards the capital of Macedonia, Skopje. In the afternoon we will have a walking tour of the city centre. You'll visit Kale Fortress, the Church of the Holy Savior with its iconostas, one of the finest samples of traditional walnut woodcarving, Old Bazaar and Stone Bridge. Overnight stay in Skopje.
Day 4 (Saturday): Skopje - Ohrid
This morning, we drive to Ohrid, this UNESCO world heritage site is known as the 'Macedonian Jerusalem' due to its large number of churches. Nestled on the shores of a large lake which is renowned for the clarity of its water. Our local tour guide will help us discover the highlights of Ohrid, including the church of St. Sofia (11th century), the most eminent mediaeval monument in Macedonia with magnificent Byzantine fresco paintings and St. Clement Church with its icon of Annunciation. Overnight stay in Ohrid.
Day 5 (Sunday): Ohrid - Thessaloniki (Greece)
Today we set off towards Thessaloniki, famous for its UNESCO listed Paleochristian and Byzantine Monuments and the foreshore lined with cafes, cocktail lounges, bars and restaurants. We will stop off for a break in Bitola, maybe grab a bite to eat at one of the cafes on Sirok Sokak Street or Magnolia Square. An optional tour of Bitola is also available. Overnight stay in Thessaloniki.
Day 6 (Monday): Thessaloniki - Volos - Athens
Today we head for Athens. Along the way we'll stop for a break at Volos, a hidden gem in Eastern Greece on the Pagasetic Gulf, overlooked by Mt. Pelion, home to the Centaurs of Greek mythology. Hire a bike or stroll along the foreshore where there are numerous cafes and restaurants to be found. Overnight stay in Athens.
Day 7 (Tuesday): Athens
After breakfast, our tour concludes with a transfer to Athens airport.
Escorted Tour Package Includes:
- Inbound Transfer - Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport (BEG)
- Outbound Transfer - Athens Eleftherios Venizelos Airport (ATH) Piraeus Harbour
- English speaking tour leader throughout the tour
- Professional English-speaking local tour guides at each site
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except Driver and Guide
- 6 nights accommodation in 4* hotels
- 6 Breakfasts
- Belgrade - City Tour
- Belgrade - Kalemegdan Fortress
- Belgrade - Skadarlija (Bohemian Quarter)
- Ohrid - St. Clement Church
- Ohrid - St. Sofia
- Ohrid - UNESCO Heritage site
- Skopje - Church of the Holy Savior
- Skopje - Kale Fortress
- Skopje - Kamen Most (Old Stone Bridge)
- Skopje - Old Bazaar
- Thessaloniki - UNESCO Heritage site
- Tips: Driver and Guide
- Entrance fees
- Suggested optional activities
- Greece - Hotel Residence Tax
- Any visas, border or port taxes
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not mentioned in 'Package Includes'
Hotels (or similar):
- Belgrade: Prime Hotel 4*
- Skopje: Best Western Hotel Turist 4*
- Ohrid: Belvedere Hotel 4*
- Thessaloniki: Tobacco Hotel 4*
- Athens: Ambrosia Suites 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (fz)