Day 3 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
After breakfast this morning, enjoy a visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, a visit to the world famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti.
Day 4 (Friday): St. Petersburg - Moscow
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon, we arrive in Moscow and check in at the hotel.
Day 5 (Saturday): Moscow
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil's Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow by night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
Day 6 (Sunday): Moscow
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700 years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
Day 7 (Monday): Moscow - Vladimir - Suzdal
Today we start our journey on the Golden Ring of ancient Russian towns. We first drive through scenic Russian landscapes to Vladimir, one of the ancient capitals of Russia. During the city sightseeing tour, we visit the Assumption Cathedral and see the St. Demetrius Cathedral, both world heritage sites and the Golden Gate. In the late afternoon, we continue to Suzdal and check in at the hotel.
Day 8 (Tuesday): Suzdal
Dating back almost a thousand years Suzdal is a small fairytale town with an unsurpassed collection of ancient Russian architecture. During the optional whole day tour, we discover all the treasures of Suzdal including the Kremlin, the Nativity Cathedral, the Museum of Wooden Architecture, St. Ethymius Monastery and the Transfiguration Cathedral.
Day 9 (Wednesday): Suzdal - Bogolybovo - Moscow
This morning we drive to the nearby village of Bogolyubovo to admire the glare white light single-domed Church of the Intercession on the Nerl. The church is built on a small hill, on a river meadow, in all its clarity and beauty it stands like a candle, growing out at the expense of the meadow. We drive back to Moscow, where we will arrive in the late afternoon to check-in at the hotel.
Day 10 (Thursday): Moscow
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 9 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Welcome meeting with champagne/cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg, Moscow Kremlin, the Assumption Cathedral in Vladimir and the Church of the Intercession on the Nerl in Bogolyubovo
- 4 hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine's Palace
- 4 hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace
- 3 hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg to Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- A Visit to a folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: $113.00 per person
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti: $87.00 per person
- 3 hour guided channel cruise: $113.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: $43.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow by night tour and River cruise: $87.00 per person
- 8 hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: $139.00 per person
- 6 hours tour of Suzdal and visit to the Nativity Cathedral, Museum of Wooden Architecture, St. Ethymius Monastery and the Transfiguration Cathedral: $139.00 per person
- Half board (9 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): $443.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- St. Petersburg: Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky 4*
- Moscow: Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya 4*
- Suzdal: Hotel Nikolaevsky Posad or Hotel Azimut Suzdal 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)