Day 3 (Monday): Warsaw – Czestochowa – Zakopane
After breakfast, we leave for Zakopane, one of the most popular vacation resorts in the Tatra Mountains. En route, we stop in Czestochowa to visit the Jasna Gora Monastery and the Black Madonna Shrine with its miraculous icon. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant in Czestochowa. In the evening we arrive in Zakopane beautifully situated at the foot of the Tatra Mountains, in the valley between Gubalowka and Giewont. It is the most popular resort and one of the most beautiful places in all of Poland, owing to its picturesque location. Once a small mountain village, Zakopane became a fashionable artist's retreat at the beginning of the 20th century.
Meals: Breakfast. Lunch
Day 4 (Tuesday): Zakopane - Krakow
In the morning, you will have a sightseeing tour of Zakopane, whose wooden architecture blends with the natural landscapes. Copied in other parts of Poland, it is known as Zakopianski Style. You will visit the Jaszczurowka Chapel, a great example of the wooden architecture in Zakopane and the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima at Krzeptowki, which was built by the people of Zakopane to thank the Lady of Fatima for saving the Pope' after an attempt on his life. Admire the breathtaking views of the Tatras from the top of Gubalowka Mountain and shop for souvenirs of arts and crafts of the Highlanders (Gorale) in the local shops. After lunch on your own, you will have some free time. Before we continue on to Krakow, take a spectacular rafting trip on the Dunajec River in Pieniny National Park. Tonight's dinner will be served at a local restaurant in Krakow's Old Town Market Square.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 5 (Wednesday): Krakow - Auschwitz - Krakow
The morning sightseeing tour will feature Wawel, the Royal Castle, home to three dynasties of Poland's monarchs. Its stately halls and exquisite chambers are filled with priceless art, valuable period furniture and rare ancient objects. The collection of monumental 16th century tapestries is matchless. You will also visit the Wawel Cathedral, the place of the cult of St. Stanislaw and St. Jadwiga, Queen of Poland. Its 18 chapels are true architectural masterpieces. The giant bell, Zygmunt from 1520 ranks amongst the world's largest. This is the place where Polish Kings were crowned and buried. We then drive to the Old Town with its restored Main Square of magnificent houses and palaces. There we will stop at St. Mary's Basilica to see the magnificent wooden altar by Wit Stwosz. In the middle of the square is the Cloth Hall built before 1349, but renovated in the 16th century with many shopping stalls inside. After lunch we drive to Auschwitz-Birkenau to visit the Martyrdom Museum of the former Nazi concentration camp and the infamous factory of death.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 6 (Thursday): Krakow – Wieliczka – Krakow
In the morning there will be free time to explore this city on your own. Coffee and cake at the famous Krakow cafeteria and afternoon drive to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, an unforgettable tourist attraction with underground chambers, grottoes and chapels carved from salt. Tonight dinner with a folkloric show will be served at a local restaurant in Wieliczka before we drive back to Krakow.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7 (Friday): Krakow
After breakfast this morning, services will end. Make your way to the airport for your onward or return flight home.
Escorted Packages Includes:
- Selected class hotels, rooms with private facilities
- English speaking tour escort assistance
- Obligatory local guides
- Private air-conditioned motor coach/minibus (depending on the group size)
- Meals as per itinerary: Breakfast daily, 3 x Lunches served at a local restaurants, 3 x Dinners (including one dinner with folkloric show in Wieliczka) served at a local restaurants
- Cake & coffee/tea at a famous Warsaw cafeteria
- Cake & coffee/tea at a famous Krakow cafeteria
- Sightseeing tours as per itinerary
- Entrance fees: Warsaw – Royal Castle, Czestochowa – Jasna Gora Monastery and the Black Madonna Shrine, Auschwitz-Birkenau, Krakow – Royal Castle and Cathedral on the Wawel Hill, St. Mary's Church, Wieliczka Salt Mine, Zakopane – cable car to Gubalowka Hill and a rafting trip on the Dunajec River
- Chopin concert with a glass of sparkling wine
- Luggage handling at hotels (one piece per person)
- Hotel charges and taxes
- Anything not listed under Tour Inclusions
Hotels (or similar):
- Warsaw: Novotel Warszawa Centrum 4* or similar
- Zakopane: Mercure Kasprowy 3* or similar
- Krakow: Novotel Krakow City West 4* or similar
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (mz)