Day 2: Strasbourg - Sélestat/surroundings (approx. 25 - 55km)
After breakfast, you will leave Strasbourg along the Rhône-Rhine canal which will take you along its very pretty cycle track into the heart of the Ried.
Day 3: Sélestat/surroundings - Colmar (approx. 50 - 66km)
Today, you will travel through the landscapes and villages of the Alsatian Ried which is rich in aquatic flora and fauna. Arrive into Colmar, the capital of the wine region of Alsace and the town of art, by the cycle track of the channel of Colmar.
Day 4: Colmar - Guebwiller (approx. 33km)
After breakfast, depart from Colmar following the French wine route. The dreamy wine-growing villages, with many Alsatian timber-frame houses, and magnificent mediaeval town centres in the midst of extensive vineyards are areas for unwinding, enjoyment and simply relaxing.
Day 5: Guebwiller - Riquewihr/surroundings (approx. 50km)
At the foot of the Vosges Mountains are nestled the winemaking villages responsible for the reputation of the Alsatian Grand Crus: Eguisheim, Turkheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr. Discover this stunning natural environment as you cycle through today.
Day 6: Riquewihr/surroundings - Obernai/surroundings (approx. 49km)
Today, cycle along the wine road where you will discover the villages of Barr, Andlau and its abbey, Bergheim, Ribeauvillé, Hunawihr.
Day 7: Obernai/surroundings - Strasbourg (approx. 40km)
After breakfast, country roads and cycle tracks will take you from Rosheim and to Avolsheim. From there, along the cycle track on the banks of the Bruche canal, you will reach the capital of Europe: Strasbourg. Individual departure or ask us about an extension.
Independent Package inlcudes:
- 6 nights in rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast daily
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Information meeting (except Sundays and public holiday)
- Maps and information material per room
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Travel Insuarnce
- Anything not mentioned in 'package includes'
The offered bikes are touring bikes with an aluminium frame and kitted with responsive brakes and gears. Plus: comfort gel saddles, flat-palmed grips, Schwalbe Marathon anti-puncture tyres.
You can choose between the following bikes:
- 7-speed-bike with hand brake and backpedal brake
- 21-speed-bike with hand brakes
Hotels (or similar):
- Strasbourg: Best Western Plus Hôtel Monopole Métropole 4*
- Selestat/surroundings: Hotel example: Best Western Les Humanistes 4*
- Colmar: Hotel example: Les Têtes 5*
- Guebwiller: Hotel example: Les Rives 3* oder Le Lac 3*
- Riquewihr/surroundings: Hotel example: Clos Saint Vincent 4*
- Obernai/surroundings: Hotel example: Cour d’Alsace 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (rr)