Day 3: Huskies and The Polar Zoo of Ranua
The first stop today is at the Husky Farm, where you will learn all you need to know about huskies and their way of living. After the introduction and a short show, embrace the opportunity to get a ride through a mini husky safari (3 km) with a musher. After the ride, you will have some time to meet and photograph these beautiful dogs and ask all the questions you may have regarding this business and sport. You'll have some free time for lunch, before our next visit to the northernmost zoo in the world. Ranua. Your guide will take you on a brisk walk to admire the Arctic wildlife in their genuine wilderness setting. Elk, reindeer, wolverines, arctic fox and of course the impressive polar bear can be found in this zoo. There you'll have some free time, where food lovers can discover the famous shop of the Finnish Fazer chocolates. Afterwards you'll return to your hotel.
Day 4: Rovaniemi - The night in a glass igloo
After breakfast this morning, you have a free day to enjoy Rovaniemi and its surroundings. Discover the magnificent Arktikum museum and learn more about the Sami, original people of Lapland. Another option is to enjoy some of the activities offered in the area, such as shopping in town or taking a walk along the banks of the Ounasjoki River to enjoy Lapland's winter landscapes. Do not hesitate to ask your tour escort for advice, he is there to make sure you enjoy Lapland to the fullest. In the afternoon, transfer for your magical stay under the starry skies, in your heated 1st class GLASS IGLOO. Dine and spend the night in a glass igloo and if you're lucky, you will have a first class seat from your warm bed to witness the magnificent Northern Lights.
Day 5: Rovaniemi - Saariselkä
After breakfast, you will have some free time this morning for optional activities such as a Snowmobile or husky safari. Late this afternoon we continue further north towards Saariselkä crossing the Arctic Circle. On arrival, check in at the hotel. The rest of evening is free for exploring this beautiful northern Finnish Lapland resort of Inari-Saariselkä. The unique northern countryside, national parks, lake areas, rivers and highland falls offer a wealth of opportunities for year-round travel. During winter, the Northern Lights dance across the sky up to 200 days a year.
Day 6: Saariselkä - Kirkenes
Today we have an early departure towards the small town of Kirkenes, located northeast in Northern Norway, close to the Russian border. Kirkenes is known as the capital of the Barents Region and the gateway to the east. Begin your King Crab excursion (approx. 3.5 hrs) upon arrival in the most authentic way in the Norwegian winter at a local family business. You will get warm clothes and safety instruction and heading to the snowmobile sled. (They provide all necessary equipment: jumpsuit, helmet, boots, mittens and balaclava). You will tour around the frozen fjord to pull out some crabs and in the meantime you will hear stories about them. You can hold a living King Crab and have your picture taken with them. After the tour you will head back to the camp where a delicious King Crab meal is waiting for you at their restaurant.
Optional: Visit to the Kirkenes Snow Hotel
A hotel built from scratch every year, which is open between December and April. Even though the temperature inside is a constant -4°C, the beds are warm and comfortable with reindeer hide.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 7: Kirkenes Farewell
Enjoy your last moments in this magical place. Transfer on your own to the airport (Private transfer can be pre-booked in advance).
Escorted Package Includes:
- 7 nights accommodation
- English speaking Tour Escort
- Breakfast daily, 1 lunches, 1 dinner
- Visit to the Santa Claus Village
- Arctic Crossing Ceremony with a certificate
- Reindeer Sledge Ride 1km
- Visit to a Husky Park
- Husky sled ride (3km)
- Visit to the Ranua Zoo
- King Crab Safari
- International flights
- Airport transfers
- Drinks, Lunches and Dinners not mentioned as the inclusions
- Personal Expenses and tips
- Luggage Handling
- Optional Activities
- Dinner Package (6 x dinners at a hotel): From $375 AUD
- Arrival transport transfer, max 2 pax: From $155 AUD
- Thermal clothes rental (3 days in Rovaniemi): From $145 AUD (day 2 - day 4)
- Snowmobile Safari 2hrs (2 person / snowmobile): From $210 AUD (day 4)
- Supplement (1 person / snowmobile): From $109 AUD
- Aurora Borealis Picnic by bus (3hrs): From $144 AUD (day 2 or 3)
- Aurora Borealis Snowmobile Safari (3hrs): From $252 AUD (day 2 or 3)
- Saariselkä: Aurora Borealis Sleigh Ride (pulled by the snowmobile, 2 persons per sledge): From $194 AUD (day 5)
- Kirkenes: Husky Safari (13:00 - incl. transfer from/to hotel, 2 persons per sledge): From $535 AUD (day 6)
- Kirkenes: Snowmobile Safari (21:00 - incl. transfer from/to hotel): From $569 AUD (day 6)
- Kirkenes: Northern Light Safari by bus (21:00 - incl. transfer from/to hotel): From $234 AUD (day 6)
- Kirkenes: Visit to the Snow Hotel: From $83 AUD (day 6)
- Departure airport transfer, max 2 pax: From $155 AUD
Hotels (or similar):
- Rovaniemi: Scandic Rovaniemi / Pohjanhovi Hotel
- Rovaniemi: Arctic Glass Igloo or Santa Claus Igloo
- Saariselka: Holiday Club Saariselkä Hotel
- Kirkenes: Thon Kirkenes Hotel
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vos)