Day 3 (Tuesday): Klaipeda
The day is reserved for a full day tour to the Curonian Spit, a thin, 100 km stretch of land between the Baltic Sea and the Curonian Lagoon with small fishing villages, pine forests and endless sand dunes. Our first stop is the Hill of Witches in Juodkrante. After that we continue to Nida, where we visit the High Dunes, Thomas Mann’s summerhouse and get acquainted with the charming resort town before we drive back to Klaipeda. The evening offers an optional Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th century.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Klaipeda - Riga
Klaipeda first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had a long history as a German town called Memel. A short sightseeing tour takes us to the Old Town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild houses and we visit the Theatre Square and the Aennchen von Tharau Fountain. We now continue to the Samogitia National Park, where we embark on a walking tour around the picturesque Lake Plateliai. After that we continue to Siauliai and Hill of Crosses, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. We head North into Latvia and reach Riga in the afternoon, check-in at the hotel. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Three.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga - Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check-in at the hotel.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor café's and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit KUMU, the award winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn Departure
After breakfast, you'll be transferred to the airport for your departure flight.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 7 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 7 x buffet breakfast
- Personalised welcome package
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Arrival and departure transfers from/to the airport on the day of arrival and departure
- Entrances to Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius and medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn
- 8 hour excursion to the Curonian Spit
- 4 hour excursion to Jurmala
- 3 hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to Kadriorg Palace
- *Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- *Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escort on certain tour departures
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Porterage at hotels
- Lithuanian dinner at Restaurant 19th Century in Klaipeda: AUD $59.00 per person
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: AUD $59.00 per person
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Three in Riga: AUD $67.00 per person
- Medieval Dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: AUD $67.00 per person
- Half Board option (7 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): AUD $325.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- Vilnius: Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva 4*
- Klaipeda: Hotel National or Radisson Blue Klaipeda 4*
- Riga: Hotel Wellton Riverside or Radisson Blu Latvija 4*
- Tallinn: Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and escorted tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)