Day 3 (Tuesday): Helsinki - St. Petersburg
Today we continue eastbound to St. Petersburg. Shortly after crossing the border into Russia we arrive in Vyborg, where we take time for a short sightseeing tour and a photo stop at Vyborg Castle. In the late afternoon, we arrive in St. Petersburg and check in at the hotel.
Day 4 (Wednesday): St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is an amazing city. Its imperial palaces and museums enjoy worldwide fame, while the Neva River and the many canals have deservedly given the city the title "The Venice of the North". During the morning sightseeing tour, we get acquainted with all the splendours of the city: the Peter-Paul Fortress, the Winter Palace, and St. Isaac's Cathedral, the Church of the Bleeding Savior, the Nevsky Convent and much more. The afternoon offers an excursion to Zarskoye Selo with the impressive Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room, which vanished during World War II and was restored for St. Petersburg’s tri-centennial celebrations. In the evening enjoy an optional visit to the Nikolaevsky Palace with an exciting Russian folklore show and Russian "champagne" and snacks.
Day 5 (Thursday): St. Petersburg
The morning is reserved for a visit to Peterhof, an uncontested masterpiece of the time of Peter the Great, with the impressive Grand Palace, Grand Cascade and Water Avenue and its wonderful parks. In the afternoon, visit the world famous Hermitage Art Museum is offered. In the evening enjoy an optional Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti.
Day 6 (Friday): St. Petersburg - Moscow
The early morning is reserved for an optional St. Petersburg channel cruise. Around noon we go to the Moscow Railway Station and board the Sapsan high-speed train bound for Moscow. The train ride takes us through endless Russian landscapes along the River Volga. In the late afternoon, we arrive in Moscow and check in at the hotel.
Day 7 (Saturday): Moscow
Moscow, The Mother of Russia, is a genuine Russian city with the Kremlin and its onion domed cathedrals. The dramatic changes over the last decade have made the city to one of the most dynamic metropolis in the world. The morning sightseeing tour includes the highlights of the vast city: the Red Square with St. Basil's Cathedral, the Theatre Square with Bolshoi Theatre and Sparrow Hills with Moscow University and we visit the Kremlin grounds and one of the cathedrals. In the afternoon is offered an optional visit to the Moscow Metro including the historical stations on the Ring-Line and a guided stroll along the famous pedestrian Arbat Street. The evening offers an optional Moscow-by-night tour including an unforgettable river cruise with the White Flotilla.
Day 8 (Sunday): Moscow
The day offers an optional full day excursion to the quaint town of Sergiev Posad, where we visit the Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius, the most important Russian monastery and the spiritual heart of the Russian Orthodox Church. The whole Lavra has been beautifully restored for the 700-years celebrations of the birth of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The evening offers an optional visit to the Old Russian Circus.
Day 9 (Monday): Moscow Departure
Transfer to the airport.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 8 x overnight stays at centrally located 4-star hotels
- 8 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne-cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Entrances to Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki, Peter-Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg and Moscow Kremlin
- 4 hour excursion to Peterhof and visit to the Grand Palace
- 4 hour excursion to Zarskoye Selo and visit to Catherine's Palace
- 3 hour visit to the Hermitage Art Museum
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of Italian and Spanish speaking tour escorts on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Sapsan high-speed train St. Petersburg-Moscow OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels and railway stations
- 3 hour excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress: $100.00 per person
- A Visit to a folklore show at the Nikolaevsky Palace: $84.00 per person
- Russian dinner at Restaurant Pryanosti & Radosti: $84.00 per person
- 3 hour guided channel cruise: $109.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow metro and Arbat tour: $42.00 per person
- 3 hour Moscow by night tour and river cruise: $84.00 per person
- 8 hour excursion to Sergiev Posad: $133.00 per person
- A Visit to an Old Russian Circus: $117.00 per person
- Half board at hotels (8 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): $433.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- Helsinki: Hotel Glo Art 4*
- St. Petersburg: Hotel Sokos Vasilievsky 4*
- Moscow: Hotel Park Inn Sadu 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)