Day 3 (Saturday): Minsk
The day offers an optional excursion to one of the greatest treasures of Belarus, Mir Castle, 100 km southwest of Minsk, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The castle is an exceptional example of a central European fortification, reflecting in its design and layout successive cultural influences of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance that blend harmoniously to create an impressive monument to the history of Belarus. The evening offers an optional dinner at Restaurant Gambarinus.
Day 4 (Sunday): Minsk - Vilnius
The morning is free in Minsk to explore more of the city individually. In the afternoon we are driving 180 km to reach Vilnius and check in at the Hotel.
Day 5 (Monday): Vilnius
Vilnius is known for its more than 1,200 medieval buildings and 48 churches. The morning sightseeing tour includes a panoramic tour of the city and a walking tour of the Old Town with Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, Peter and Paul Church, St. Anne’s Church, Old University and the Gates of Dawn. The afternoon we visit Trakai, the medieval capital of Lithuania, with the well-preserved Trakai Castle, beautifully located on an island in Lake Galve. In the evening, enjoy an optional folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas.
Day 6 (Tuesday): Vilnius - Riga
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the most holy sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia, we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace, we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon and check in at the Hotel.
Day 7 (Wednesday): Riga
Riga founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert is the largest of the 3 Baltic capitals and boasts a true kaleidoscope of various architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Swedish Gates, Three Brothers, Large and Small Guild House and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved to visit Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 8 (Thursday): Riga
After we got acquainted with Riga we have the opportunity to discover medieval Latvia. The tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Riga Motor Museum which has an impressive collection of vintage car including a very unique collection of old Soviet limousines from the Kremlin Garage. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
Day 9 (Friday): Riga- Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon and check in at the Hotel.
Day 10 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
Day 11 (Sunday): Tallinn
Transfer to the airport.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 10 overnights at centrally located 4 star hotels
- 10 x buffet breakfast
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Welcome meeting with champagne, cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace and Medieval Guild Hall in Tallinn
- Service of English, German speaking tour escort on all tours (Italian and Spanish speaking tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Service and VAT
- Portage at hotels
- 3 hour visit to Museum of the Great Patriotic War
- 3 hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle
- 4 hour excursion to Gauja National Park
- 4 hour excursion to Jurmala
- 3 hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU
- 6 hour excursion to Mir Castle: AUD $142.00 per person
- Dinner at restaurant Gambarinus: AUD $67.00 per person
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas AUD $67.00 per person
- 3 hour excursion to Riga Motor Museums: AUD $67.00 per person
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: AUD $59.00 per person
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: AUD $67.00 per person
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: AUD $67.00 per person
- Half board at hotel (10 x 3 course dinner with coffee/tea): AUD $491.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- Minsk: Hotel Renaissance Minsk 4*
- Vilnius: Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva 4*
- Riga: Hotel Wellton Riverside 4*
- Tallinn: Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia 4*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)