Day 3 (Tuesday): Riga
Heading for Riga, the first stop is the Hills of Crosses, one of the holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. After crossing into Latvia we soon reach the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland. Following a guided tour of the palace, we travel through the rolling hills of Southern Latvia to reach Riga late afternoon and check in at the hotel.
Day 4 (Wednesday): Riga
Before we get acquainted with Riga we have the possibility of discovering medieval Latvia. The tour for this morning takes us to the stunning scenery of the Gauja National Park and the town of Sigulda. We listen to the medieval Latvian legend of the Rose of Turaida and see the ruins of the Episcopal Castle and of the Castle of the Knights of the Sword before we return to Riga. The afternoon offers an optional visit to the Ethnographical Open Air Museum, a spacious exposition of 18th century country life. The evening offers an optional organ concert at the Dome Cathedral.
Day 5 (Thursday): Riga
Founded in 1201 by the German bishop Albert, Riga is the largest of the three Baltic capitals and boasts a real kaleidoscope of architectural styles. The walking tour of the Old Town includes Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter's Church, the Swedish Gate, the Three Brothers, the Large and Small Guilds and the Freedom Monument. The afternoon is reserved for a visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian sea resort, famous for its wooden architecture and sandy beaches. In the evening enjoy an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish Restaurant Forest.
Day 6 (Friday): Riga - Tallinn
The tour continues along the coastal highway to the Estonian summer resort of Parnu. We do a short tour of the resort before we continue through the North Estonian land of forests and arrive in Tallinn early afternoon, check in at the hotel.
Day 7 (Saturday): Tallinn
Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafes and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, medieval Old Town Hall and Great Guild Hall. In the afternoon an excursion is offered to Kadriorg Park and visit KUMU, the award-winning new Estonian art museum, with its collections of classic and contemporary fine art. The evening offers an optional medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv.
Day 8 (Sunday): Tallinn - Helsinki
This day offers an optional day excursion to Lahemaa National Park, where we visit Palmse Manor, a memorial to the von Pahlen family, and Sagadi Manor. The tour ends with a visit to the charming 16th century Vihula Manor and the Vodka Museum. After a lunch break, we head back to Tallinn to take the ferry to Helsinki and enjoy a refreshing tour through the Finnish archipelago before arriving in Helsinki. Upon arrival, we are transferred to our hotel and check-in at the hotel.
Day 9 (Monday): Helsinki
Helsinki is truly located at the crossroads of Western and Eastern culture and this is reflected everywhere in the green and lively Finnish capital. The sightseeing tour takes us around the harbours and the Senate Square with the Lutheran Cathedral, up central Mannerheim Street and by the Parliament Building, the Finlandia Hall, and the Sibelius Monument and for a visit at the famous Church-in-the-Rock. The afternoon offers an optional excursion to Suomenlinna Fortress, a cultural treasure which construction was started in the 18th century as a sea fortress. Located on an island, fortress is a unique attraction for visitors.
Day 10 (Tuesday): Helsinki
Transfer to the Airport.
Escorted Package Includes:
- 9 overnights at centrally located 4-star hotels
- 9 x buffet breakfast
- Welcome meeting with champagne, cocktail or juice
- Personalised welcome package
- Arrival and departure transfers from/to the airport on the day of arrival and departure
- Entrances to Old University in Vilnius, Rundale Palace, medieval Great Guild Hall in Tallinn and Church-in-the-Rock in Helsinki
- 4 hour excursion to Gauja National Park
- 4 hour excursion to Jurmala
- 3 hour excursion to Kadriorg Park and visit to KUMU
- Service of English and German speaking tour escort on all tours
- Service of 1st class motor coaches or 1st class minivans throughout the itinerary
- Ferry ticket Tallinn-Helsinki OW (2nd class)
- Portage at hotels
- 3 hour excursion to Trakai and visit to Trakai Castle: $67.00 per person
- Folklore dinner at Restaurant Belmontas: $67.00 per person
- 3 hour excursion to the Open Air Museum: $67.00 per person
- Organ concert at the Dome Cathedral: $59.00 per person
- Latvian dinner at Restaurant Forest: $67.00 per person
- Medieval dinner at Restaurant Maikrahv: $67.00per person
- 6 hour excursion to Lahemaa National Park: $117.00 per person
- 3 hour excursion with water bus to the Suomenlinna Fortress: $100.00 per person
- Half Board Option: $441.00 per person
Hotels (or similar):
- Vilnius: Hotel Radisson Blu Lietuva ****
- Riga: Hotel Mercure Riga ****
- Tallinn: Hotel Radisson Blu Olympia ****
- Helsinki: Hotel Glo Art ****
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (vh)