Level 2: Country roads, cycling paths, field paths, terrain is hilly with some larger uphill stretches. Please note that there will be more traffic on country roads during the summer holidays.
Day 1: Salzburg
Individual arrival and bike hand over (if you have pre booked a bike). The remainder of the day is free to maybe take a stroll through the picturesque old part of this cultural and fascinating town.
Day 2: Salzburg – Lake Wolfgangsee (approx. approx. 50 km + boat Cat. A)
Begin the day by exploring the birthplace of the world famous classical composer W.A. Mozart. Then head north to the old train tracks of the Salzkammergut railway. After cycling through Eugendorf and St. Gilgen you reach the southern banks of the blissful lake "Wolfgangsee", where you'll enjoy a nice boat ride.
Day 3: Lake Wolfgangsee – Lake Traunsee (approx. 50 km + boat Cat. B)
The day begins with a relaxing boat ride on Lake Wolfgangsee (Cat. B). You'll explore St. Wolfgang before you cycle to the old imperial village of Bad Ischl, where you will find traces and follow the footprints of Emperor Franz Josef and his Empress Sissi all over the area. A "must-do" is a stop at the famous pastry shop "Zauner". Be careful, you don’t eat too much! Then continue cycling along the river Traun until yoiu reach Traunkirchen.
Day 4: Lake Traunsee – Lake Attersee (approx. 35 km)
One of the many highlights on this tour is the stop off in Gmunden. Gmunden is a scenic village on the northern bank of the Traunsee and former imperial salt capital, nowadays it's well known for its touristic importance and beautiful handmade ceramics. You then continue on to the gorgeous area of Lake Attersee.
Day 5: Lake Attersee – Lake Mondsee (approx. 35 km)
Take in the beauty and enjoy the ride along the Attersee, one of the most favourite lakes for locals and visitors alike in the Salzkammergut Region. This lake has already inspired famous artists like composer Gustav Mahler and painters Gustav Klimt and Christian Ludwig Attersee. Your path continues to Mondsee and onto the village of Mondsee. Visit the church, which was used as a romantic backdrop for the wedding in the musical "The Sound of Music".
Day 6: Lake Mondsee – Trumer Seenland (approx. 45 km)
Along the old tracks of the "Ischler" railway that once brought guests into the Salzkammergut, you will cycle further to the Trumer Lake District; Obertrumer See, Mattsee and Grabensee. Fans of Beer should visit the Trumer brewery!
Day 7: Trumer Seenland – Salzburg (approx. 45 km)
Today, there is still plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of this town before you cycle back to Salzburg.
Day 8: Salzburg
Individual departure or extend your stay in Salzburg to discover more of this great city!
- 7 nights in rooms with private facilities (Category A: 3-4* Hotels / Category B: 3* Inns/Hotels)
- Breakfast or 5 x dinner (for additional surcharge / Salzburg: only breakfast available).
- Daily luggage transport (1 suitcase per person/max. 20kg)
- Ship ride on the lake Wolfgang incl. bike
- Ferry ride St. Wolfgang - Abersee incl. bike
- A sweet break "Zauner Jause" in Bad Ischl (coffee & cake)
- Free WLAN in the hotels
- 1x handlebar bag with maps and information material per room
- All bike tours are unescorted
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sport shoes
- The arrival journey to Salzburg is not included in the tour price and has to be arranged on your own
- Helmets are mandatory in Austria for children up to 12 years! Please bring your own
- Local payable taxes are not included
Category A - 3 or 4* Hotels (or similar):
- Salzburg: Hotel Amedia 4*
- Region Wolfgangsee: Hotel Weißer Bär 4*
- Region Traunsee: Symposionhotel Post 4*
- Region Attersee: Hotel Spitzerwirt 3*
- Region Mondsee: Hotel Leitnerbräu 4*
- Region Trumer Seenland: Hotel Neumayr 3*
Category B - 3* Hotels (or similar):
- Salzburg: Hotel Ibis Nord 3*
- Region Wolfgangsee: Hotel-Pension Carossa 3*
- Region Traunsee: Hotel Hocheck 3*
- Region Attersee: Hotel Spitzerwirt 3*
- Region Mondsee: Hotel Prielbauer 3*
- Region Trumer Seenland: Gasthof Neumayr 3*
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (rr)