Day 3: Chateau de Chaumont - Loire Valley
Our first stop today is at the incredible Chateau de Chaumont. Built in the 15th century, this stunning example of a renaissance French Chateau (castle) stands on a hill above the River Loire and is known for its summertime garden festival. The ‘Festival des Jardins’ (International Garden Festival) has been held here since 1992 and features up to 30 themed gardens that paint a panoramic picture of landscape design from around the world. After having some time to explore the chateau and the extensive gardens, we head to our accommodation in the Loire Valley, where we will enjoy dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4: Loire Valley (Free Day)
Enjoy a free day to explore the Loire Valley! This fertile river valley in central France is covered in vineyards, hundreds of chateaux and quaint French villages. The valley is one enormous UNESCO World Heritage Site, testament to the centuries of history and architectural riches offered by this region and the perfect way to experience these treasures is on the châteaux optional excursion. In addition to experiencing the stunning French countryside, the charming town of Amboise and a wine tasting, you will visit two of the finest châteaux in France; Château de Chenonceau and Château de Chambord.
Day 5: Mont St Michel - Bayeux - Normandy
Our first stop is at magical Mont St Michel. An island commune located just off the coast, it is one of France's most recognisable landmarks, and is another French entry on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites. After some time to explore the abbey and monastery we’ll travel on to Bayeux, a commune in north-western France. Bayeux is famous for the bayeux Tapestry, a large embroidered cloth more than 70 metres long which depicts the events leading up to the Norman conquest of England. You’ll have free time to see the tapestry in the Musée de la Tapisserie de Bayeux, or alternatively the Memorial Museum of the Battle of Normandy, which offers a great insight into WWII and the prominent role this region played during the Normandy Landings.
Day 6: Normandy beaches - Paris
This morning we’ll explore ‘Omaha’ D-Day Landing Beach. It was here that the Allied forces landed in June 1944 during WWII, which eventually led to the liberation of France. You will have time to explore the area and reflect on all that transpired here, as well as the opportunity to visit the Arromanches 360 cinema. This optional experience tells the story of the Battle of Normandy thanks to archive images gathered from around the world. We then continue back to Paris where your tour leader will lead you on a driving tour of this famous city; you will see the must-see sites including The Eiffel Tower, The Champs-Élysées, Notre Dame, the Louvre and the Arc de Triomphe. To round off the last day of the tour, enjoy a farewell dinner so you can say your goodbyes and share your memories of the last week with your fellow travellers and tour leader.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7: Paris - End of tour
This morning, your Taste of France tour concludes after breakfast. Don’t forget to swap details with your fellow travellers before your onward journey home!
Escorted Tour Package Includes:
- 6 nights' accommodation in twin rooms with private en-suite facilities
- 6 breakfasts, 3 dinners (Vegetarian options available for all meals on request)
- Modern air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and toilet onboard
- Any public transport used as part of the tour (except on free days)
- Tour leader, who will be on hand with advice and tips to ensure that you get the most from your trip
- Traditional welcome dinner in Paris
- Wine tasting, Burgundy
- Orientation tour and overnight in Lyon
- Visit Chateau de Chaumont
- Visit Mont Saint-Michel, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Free time to explore Bayeux
- Visit Arromanches & Omaha, D-Day landing beaches
- Driving tour of Paris, capital of France
- All taxes and fees
- Free tour souvenir
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Tips and extras in general
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Everything which is not clearly specified under "package includes"
Hotels (or similar):
- Paris: Hotel ibis Paris La Défense Centre
- Lyon: Campanile Lyon Centre Berge du Rhone
- Lorie Valley: Hotel Kyriad Tours Centre
- Normandy: Hotel Campanile Bayeux
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (ex)