Day 3: Petronell - Carnumtum area - Podersorf, approx. 35 km
You say "Good Bye" to the Danube and bike south towards Lake Neusiedl. Passing grain and sunflower fields as well as vineyards you will reach the steppe lake with its unique flora and fauna. The transborder National Park offers rare plant and bird species as well as Asinara White Donkeys, Grey Hungarian Cattle and Mangalitza Pigs, the appropriate protection and a natural habitat.
Day 4: Podersorf
Lake Neusiedl Cycle Path, approx. 50 km: Along the bike path you´ll find picturesque villages and quaint towns through slightly hilly landscapes until you arrive in Rust, “The Village of the Storks”. Return back to Podersdorf by ferry and enjoy the cozy warm shafts of the sunlight.
Wine and Culture Cycle Path, approx. 43 km: The wines from this region are very distinct and delicious. During your ride through the extensive vineyards and rolling hills you will enjoy the wonderful view over the region and the lake. The castle of Halbturn is renowned and the most significant Baroque building in all of Burgenland.
Lacken Cycle Path, approx. 48 km: "Lacken" (little lakes) are defiantly worth visiting. Most of them are less than 50 cm deep and partly consist of salt water. These "Lacken" are the reason for the variety of Flora in this region. You will pass by swamps, reed fields and vineyards, where the grapes are acclaimed worldwide for high level wines. Today is also the perfect day for a sidetrip to the St. Martins Thermal bath, one of Austria's most beautiful thermal baths.
Sopron/Hungary Cycle Path, approx. 60 km: The ferry takes you to the southern town of festival Mörbisch. You continue cycling on to the Hungarian side of the lake and reach Sopron, which is located near the border. Sopron is a city that is rich of historical heritage and which has many sights to see. A special recommendation near the Austrian-Hungarian border is the winegrower house "Raspi" in the town of Fertöràkos. The menu card starts with fillets of lamb and presents a lot of different, exquisite specialities.
Cherry Blossom Cycle Path, approx. 43 km: Start today's journey by ferry to the other side of the lake. You will be guided alongside vineyards and extensive cherry orchards. Wonderful views over the Hungarian Lowlands will be a reward for you after a few short uphill stretches on today's tour. Return by ferry back to Podersdorf.
Day 6: Podersorf - Bratislava, approx. 40 km
Today you will leave the unique nature of this natural park and bike north back to the mighty river "The Danube". Bratislava, today's capital of Slovakia and former coronation town of Hungary will enchant you. High above the Danube you can see the castle of Bratislava.
Day 7: Bratislava - Vienna
Extension in Bratislava or bus ride back to Vienna (included).
- 6 nights in rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast or 5 x dinners (surcharge, only breakfast in Vienna)
- Lake Neusiedl Card (ferries, museums and various entrance fees reduced or for free)
- Daily luggage transport up to the hotel in Budapest (max. 2 pieces of luggage (max. 20 kg/piece) with max. 30 kg/person)
- Return transfer by public bus from Bratislava to Vienna, departure at 2:00 pm
- Service-Hotline (also accessible on week-ends)
- Handlebar bag with maps and information material per room
- All bike tours are unescorted
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sport shoes
- Arrival and departure to and from Vienna is not included in tour price
- Bike helmet – payable locally $33
- Reduction for „no bus “ $21
- Return transfer Bratislava-Vienna by hydrofoil / Price depends on the schedule time (own bike included / limited space, reservation in advance)
- Vienna, Podersdorf, Bratislava 4* hotel
- Petronell-Carnuntum 3* hotel
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (rr)