Day 3: Lake Wolfgangsee – Lake Traunsee (approx. 42 km)
This morning, explore St.Wolfgang before cycling to the old imperial village of Bad Ischl. Here you will can follow the footprints of Emperor Franz Josef and his Empress Sissi all over the area. A "must-do" is a stop at the famous pastry shop "Zauner". Cycle along the river Traun until you reach Traunkirchen.
Day 4: Lake Traunsee – Lake Attersee (approx. 40 km)
One of the many highlights on this tour is the stop-off in Gmunden. Gmunden is a scenic village on the northern bank of the Traunsee and former imperial salt capital, but nowadays it's well known for its touristic importance and beautiful handmade ceramics. You then move along further to the gorgeous area of lake Attersee.
Day 5: Lake Attersee – Lake Mondsee (approx. 33 km)
Take in and enjoy the ride along the Attersee, one of the most favourite lakes for locals and visitors alike in the Salzkammergut Region. This lake has already inspired famous artists like composer Gustav Mahler and painters Gustav Klimt and Christian Ludwig Attersee. Your path continues to Mondsee and then onto the village of Mondsee. Visit the church, which was used as a romantic backdrop for the wedding in the musical "The Sound of Music".
Day 6: Lake Mondsee – Trumer Seenland (approx. 46 km)
Along the old tracks of the "Ischler" railway that once brought guests into the Salzkammergut, you will cycle further to the Trumer Lake District; Obertrumer See, Mattsee and Grabensee. Fans of Beer should visit the Trumer brewery!
Day 7: Trumer Seenland – Salzburg (approx. 46 km)
On the day before departure there is still plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of this town before you cycle back to Salzburg.
Day 8: Salzburg
Individual departure or extend your stay in Salzburg to discover more of this great city!
- 7 nights in rooms with private facilities.
- Breakfast or 7x dinner (surcharge).
- Daily luggage transport (1 suitcase per person/max. 20kg)
- Ship ride on the lake Wolfgang incl. bike
- A sweet break “Zauner Jause” in Bad Ischl (coffee & cake)
- Service-hotline (also accessible on weekends)
- Handlebar bag with maps and information material per room
- All bike tours are unescorted
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sport shoes
- The arrival journey to Salzburg is not included in the tour price and has to be arranged on your own
- Helmet purchase – payable in advance $33
- Local tax payable on spot (approx. € 1 - 2,5 per person/night)
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (rr)