Day 3: Lake Attersee - Traunsee (approx. 30 km + boat) or train Ebensee - Gmunden (approx. 55 km)
Today you will pass through the romantic valley "Weißenbachtal" and reach the banks of Lake Traunsee. You continue to Ebensee, where the ship awaits you. Enjoy the beautiful panorama.
Day 4: Traunsee - Lambach - Linz (approx. 31 km + Train Ride Lambach - Linz)
This cycling stretch leads you through the villages of Laakirchen and Steyrermühl on to Lambach. In Lambach take the train to the state capital of Upper Austria and Culture Capital of Europe 2009, Linz.
Day 5: Linz - Strudengau (approx. 60 km)
Enjoy the day with a visit to the monastery in St. Florian and stop by the oldest towns in Austria, the welcoming village of Enns. Your final destination today is the romantic Baroque village of Grein complete with the oldest existing theatre in Austria.
Day 6: Strudengau - Wachau (approx. 63 km)
Passing through regions of Strudengau and Nibelungengau, you reach the famous Wachau, recently nominated as an UNESCO World Culture Heritage Area. Visit the unique Benedictine monastery of Melk or sample the local wine at one of the "Heurigen" (typical Austrian wine taverns).
Day 7: Wachau - Tulln - Vienna (approx. 65 km + Train Ride Tulln - Vienna)
Enjoy the ride through a few impressive villages. Travelling via Weißenkirchen and Dürnstein and then on to the medieval town of Krems, you stop by the impressive Benedictine monastery of Gottweig. In Tulln you transfer by train to the "City of Music", Vienna.
Day 8: Vienna
Individual departure or extend your stay in Vienna to experience more of this great city!
- 7 nights in rooms with private facilities
- Breakfast or 6 x dinner option (in Vienna breakfast only)
- Daily luggage transport (1 suitcase per Person/ max. 20 kg)
- 1 x ship on the lake Traun or train from Ebensee, incl. bike
- 1 x train Lambach – Linz incl. bike
- 1 x train Tulln – Vienna incl. bike
- Train ride Vienna – Salzburg (transfer own bikes not incl.)
- 1 bottle of high-level wine of the Wachau Valley per room
- Zonal ticket for public transport in Vienna
- WiFi in all hotels
- Handlebar bag with travel book, maps and information material per room
- All bike tours are unescorted
- The mileages and approximations are distances of the recommended routes
- Please be prepared by packing all necessary items, for example, proper rain gear (jacket and pants), sun hat, sunscreen and proper sport shoes
- The arrival journey to Salzburg is not included in the tour price and has to be arranged on your own
- Local tax payable on spot (approx. € 1 - 2,5 per person/night)
- Reduction for “no ticket Vienna-Salzburg” of AUD $40.00
- Helmet purchase, payable in advance: AUD $49.00
Tour Prices are per person twin share in Australian Dollars. Conditions apply and group tours are subject to change and availability. Prices are subject to currency fluctuations. (rr)